Until relatively recently, the Crystal Cruises fleet looked small and simple: two top-of-the range ships offering the ultimate in all-inclusive ocean cruising. But as cruise aficionados know, Crystal embarked on an ambitious expansion in 2015, announcing plans for yachts, river cruises and a fleet of aircraft for private charters and luxury air tours.
Those plans are now well underway. With the Crystal Air Cruises Boeing 777 about to launch, we created an interactive guide to the whole Crystal fleet, from private jets at 40,000 feet to submarines hundreds of meters below the ocean.
Here’s a whistle-stop tour of the fleet and a few key facts. Take a look at the graphic for more detail on what we think is the most exciting touring fleet in the world today.
In the air
Crystal Air Cruses Boeing 777
- Cruises at 905kph, and boasts the most extensive wine selection available on an aircraft.
Crystal Cruises Bombardier Global XRS
- Features three zoned cabins designed for work, relaxation and sleep.
On the water
- The largest ship in the fleet. In 2016 it became the largest ship to traverse the Northwest Passage.
- Officially one of the most spacious cruise ships at sea today.
- Crystal’s yacht offers the widest variety of water sport equipment in the fleet, including jet skis, kayaks, water-skis and wakeboards.
- A river cruise vessel that contains over 300 tonnes of marble.
- Crystal Esprit’s on-board submarine. It can reach depths of 300 meters.
All-Terrain Vehicles and Touring Bicycles
- ATVs can reach speeds of up to 90kph – so hold on tight!
About the Author
Tully Luxury Travel is dedicated to sharing the world's most inspiring, life-enriching travel experiences with our discerning global clientele. Our expertise comes from first-hand knowledge of the destinations that we sell. Established in 1987, we have long-standing relationships with the finest travel and tourism suppliers, and offer world-class customer service through our three divisions: Cruise Professionals, African Dreams, and Private Travel Designers.Follow on Twitter More Content by Tully Luxury Travel